Sunday, March 15, 2009

Is it over?

After having put in three consecutive wins last week, I was looking optimistic that my bad run was over, however, I think its not. These are a few of the hands that really got to me this past week.

Sunday:
JJ vs KK
JJ vs AT (A on flop)
JJ vs 88 (8 on flop)
A7 vs A9 (I was SB, I completed flop A78, I bet 5, call, raise to 20, I re-raise to 105, fold call. I put the guy all in on the turn blind, turn K, he calls shows A9, river K)

Thursday:
6s7s vs 88 (flop 8s-9s-10h, I bet half the pot, call, turn A again half pot, call, river A, I put him all in he calls)
AK vs KQ (flops two pair)

Friday:
KTo vs 3 players --- Flop is Ah-Qs-Js, I bet half pot, call call call. Turn Q, check bet 20, I pop it to 101 (I like betting the odd numbers) guy goes all in for ~60, SB calls, bettor calls. Pot is now at over 450. River 9, SB goes all in for 105, call, I gotta call (I had only 60 left) SB tables Q9 for running full house, other suy shows KQ, first all in mucked.
J9 (BB) vs AJ - flop is KQx, checked around, turn 10, I bet he minraised me, I pushed he calls.
I left after I tilt massive re-raised when I was SB and the button raised (he had JJ, And I don't want to say what I had)

Saturday:
AK vs K10 - KQx flop, brick on turn, 10 on river.
7h5s vs 10h6h - we both turn flush.

I know I have put bad beats on people before, but 95% of the time its when the money has went in preflop and it was inevitable. Or when I would be behind on flop and I was the aggressor in the hand and people are trying to trap me, but I get lucky (see last weeks post about my 8-5 hand)
It just seems this past week I would have a hand, someone had just slightly better than me.
Now onto the title of the blog: Friday night on the drive home was the first time I've ever seriously thought about quitting playing poker. Instead I am gonna take a week off from playing whether it be live or online. I'm still gonna keep reading forums and watching it, but not gonna play, I want to clear my head of this sick beats.

No comments: